How does it work? Point two browsers (two phones, for example) to the same URL: http://pair.linkstore.ru
You can use the following QR-code:
You can see the following:
There is an unique 4-digits code on the top. The picture will be the same in the second browser. Just a code should be different:
This random code will be used for pairing two devices. The schema for pairing is similar to Bluetooth pairing. On the screen (phone) that should display the data (be linked to another phone/show data in slave mode) type the code presented on the second browser. You do not need to type anything on the second (master) phone. It will recognize the connection from the slave device automatically.
As soon as you submit the code, slave screen is ready to accept data:
As soon as the code in entered, the second screen (master) will be updated automatically:
Type any text and press Push button on the master screen. You (your pal) will see data on the slave screen.
It is a basic example that transfers text data. Technically it is possible to pass any data available in the browser. What can you transfer right now:
- just type any text. All connected slaves phones will see that
- type any phone number. It will be presented as a clickable link on the slave screen (screens)
- type any URL. E.g. http://servletsuite.com Slave screen will show a clickable link
- type any email address. Slave screen will show a clickable link
- type the following command t:some_name_from_Twitter. E.g.: t:t411. Slave screen (screens) will show the link to that account in Twitter (http://twitter.com/t411 in our example). So, your pals will be able to read your feed, follow it, etc.
- type the following command f:some_name_from_Facebook. The same as above but for Facebook. Slave screen (screens) will show the link to that profile in Facebook. So, your pals will be able to read your feed, subscribe, etc.
- type the following command v:some_name_from_Vkontakte. The same as above but for Vkontakte. Slave screen (screens) will show the link to that profile in Vkontakte. So, your pals will be able to read your feed, subscribe, etc.
In the latest version you can transfer image files (or pictures from the camera) too. E.g., get the file (camera picture) from mobile and show it on Smart TV, etc. As you can see (try to enlarge the pictures above) master screen contains a widget for images selection.
Note. File transfer is based on HTML5 File Read API. It is not 100% supported right now for mobie browsers (especially, with old operational systems). But it works fine for the desktop already. So, you can transfer images from your desktop browser (master) to mobile (slave), for example.